Re: [BKARTS] What's it called?

Sounds like a "star book" variation.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Thomas" <ktbooks77@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 5:35 PM Subject: What's it called?

Hey Gang,

I'm doing a binding that I once learned in a class, but I don't remember
what it is called. The text block is made by gluing one side of the folio
one side of the next folio. The whole side of the paper is glued and
attached to the next. The result is a stacked group of folios that looks
like a regular text block with no sewing and no supports. I then attach
the
text block to a case-style cover.

Anybody know what this structure is called?

Thanks!

Kevin

                 Both at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>