[BKARTS] COLOR JOURNALS at The Donnell Library (NYPL)

Donnell Library Center
The New York Public Library
20 West 53rd Street
between Fifth and Sixth Ave
(across the street from MOMA)
(212) 621-0619
Subway: E and V trains to Fifth Ave.
New York, New York 10019

June 4 to June 23th - SORRY, NO OPENING EVENT
Hours:
Mon-Wed-Fri : 10 am ~ 6 pm
Tues. and Thurs. : 10 am ~ 8 pm
Sat : 10 am ~ 5 pm
FREE

COLOR JOURNALS: A Round Table*
* 1. That at which King Arthur and his knights sat in order that none
should have precedence.
   2. An assembly for discussion.

An exhibition of journals from artists across the United States in
which each chose a color, created a cover and several interior pages
and then mailed them in a "Round." Each artist had one month to
respond within a double page spread in mixed media.  Many were
strangers. We laughed, argued, appreciated, sometimes tempers flared.
We were provoked AND challenged...each in our own way. One journal you
won't see, went to the Salvation Army!

Artists:
Peggy Jo Ackley - California
Kate Berquist - Texas