[BKARTS] U.S. Patent and Trademark Office information

It occurred to me that the following information from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office might be helpful to Mr. Stansell and others.
Tawn O'Connor

Inventors should apply in writing to the Commissioner for Patents using one of two types of patent applications:  (1) A nonprovisional application, which begins the examination process and may lead to a patent.  (2) A provisional application which establishes a filing date but does not begin the examination process.  The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will send informational materials providing a broad overview of the process of obtaining a United States patent, including general requirements and a listing of the depository libraries.  You can visit the USPTO Web site at www.uspto.gov.

For patent forms information, you may visit the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Web site at http://www.uspto.gov/go/forms.  Presently, only a few forms are fillable on-line.

The USPTO Contact Center provides customers with a wide variety of general information and documents pertaining to patents and trademarks.  We cannot process your request without your name and mailing address.  To obtain your requested information please contact our Customer Service Representatives, Monday through Friday (except federal holidays) from 8:30am to 8:00pm Eastern Time at  800 786-9199 or 703 308-4357.  You will receive your information within seven business days upon receipt.

If you have any further questions or if you require additional information, please call the USPTO Contact Center at 1-800-786-9199 or (703) 308-4357 and reference the following number: 1-20729984