Re: [BKARTS] Drucker Article

I agree with Matthew's point of view on art/craft/whatever... no labels. If something is made well, designed well and presented appropriately, it's either good or bad depending on the onlooker's point of view or what he had for breakfast or if he just ran over the dog. Judging art is difficult at best, and in particular seems to be everyone's favorite subject... especially those who make similar art. Humans are competitive, let's face it.

I make books that are sometimes closer to sculpture, but they still have a text. Hard to categorize, so I don't. It will show wherever it is accepted. I don't give a rat's ass if someone can't pidgeon hole my books. I make 'em how I like 'em and I sell 'em all. Have for 20 years. Someone likes my work, and that's enough for my ego. I go and make more.

Patrice Baldwin
http://www.mindspring.com/~patbooks