Re: [BKARTS] Creating an archival adhesive

>Greetings to all.
>
>Now that the heat concerning the leather treatment thread has died down, we
>should like to relate the story of how we created a product and put it to
>market.
>
>Peter Krantz

Peter,

Thank you for telling us about the trouble you've gone to to produce a
synthetic archival adhesive.

It was a valuable exercise in pursuit of a common goal and I hope that you
are able to sell enough of the adhesive to recover the R&D expense, and
then wander off for a few years on a surfboard, or down to the pub on the
corner.

While I'd appreciate having a sample for testing, I do not expect to order
any quantity for use in the lab.

If I can't adhere it with hide glue or cooked wheat starch paste, or a
combination of the two, then I should probably not be dealing with it.

Cheers,

Jack