[BKARTS] copyright free image source

Hello all,
I am looking for online sources of public domain image and photo databases
for a collage project.

I have found a wealth of items here:
Copyright Free Photo Archive: Public Domain Photos and Images
http://gimp-savvy.com/PHOTO-ARCHIVE/

However, most of the images are only 72 dpi and the print quality is too
low. I have searched for other similar archives, and haven't had much
success. Since many on this list have had great font sources to share, I
thought perhaps there are some public domain image archives out there
someone knows about.

The Dover Archives I know about, and work for some things I need, but not
all. And the Getty Images are too steep.

Thanks!
Alex Appella
www.transientbooks.com