Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 2 Jun 2005 to 3 Jun 2005 (#2005-154)

Thanks, both of you.

Andie

On Jun 3, 2005, at 9:00 PM, Automatic digest processor wrote:

I suggest using WEST system epoxy, available from marine suppliers.  I
used
to use it on my wood boats, and it is amazing stuff. Withstood a
hurricane
on one of my boats.  It's been in use for about 40 years.

Richard

Decorated papers may also be protected by spraying with lacquer, matt or not, or even coating with a thin solution of PVA and water. I learned that trick from a teacher of illustration years ago. We used tempera (awful stuff) for our work, then covered with the PVA solution when dry to make them look like oil paintings. This was before acrylics, so you can tell how old I am.

Signa