[BKARTS] 1674 Bloem-hofje at PBA Galleries

On Thursday, June 16th 2005, PBA Galleries will offer at auction an
exceptional rarity in the field of miniature book collecting: a copy of
Benedikt Smidt's famous 1674 printing of Bloem-hofje, the smallest
printed book for about 200 years. Our copy measures 11x9mm and is bound
in the original gold-clasped calf gilt. This will be first copy to be
sold at auction since the Walcott-Soliday copy (bound in vellum) sold in
1990 at Swann Galleries and the Houghton copy sold at Christie's in
1979. Please follow the link below for further details and pictures of
the book:
http://www.pbagalleries.com/search/item.php?anr=161504&;

Please let me know if you would like further information on this
wonderful miniature offered as Lot 96 in Sale 311.

Best,

Shannon Kennedy
Vice President, Client Services

PBA Galleries