[BKARTS] Bowl/Vessel forms:going 3D from 2D

(New question, a slight detour from books, I'm afraid.)

I thought  I would ask this of my book arts community:

Where might I begin to learn about the art of making bowl/vessel forms out
of paper (from strips, moulds, etc...)...bringing prints to a new shape for
narrative purposes...
There is an artist Kay Sekimachi whom I know, but thought I'd pick your
experienced, learned and well-connected minds!

Thank you for any thoughts/links/experiences/ideas,

C.Carroll
Los Angeles
www.christinacarroll-studio.com