Re: [BKARTS] Bowl/Vessel forms:going 3D from 2D

I have a very good friend who is a basket artist named Mary Merkel Hess. She uses handmade papers over moulds to form her baskets which are all bases on forms in nature. The best description with an image is at:
http://www.cervinihaas.com/artists/merkel-hess_m/merkel-hess_m.html
She studied paper making for a time with Tim Barrett, using over beaten abaca to form lantern shaped baskets.
She teaches workshops on occasion.

Emily Martin
The Naughty Dog Press
742 7th Avenue South
Iowa City, IA 52240 USA
319 338-7266 319 338-5741 (fax)
http://www.emilymartin.com
emilyjmartin@xxxxxxxxx
The University of Iowa Center for the Book
emily-martin@xxxxxxxxx