Re: [BKARTS] organizing stuff -- paper

In a message dated 6/8/2005 6:03:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mkoranda@xxxxxxxx writes:

....  does anyone have a suggestion about paper?  The 8 1/2 by by 11 or
12  by 12 stuff?  I know you should not store it vertically but thats
what  I have for know.  I bought some plastic boxes with drawers from  a
discount store (am I sure they are everywhere) and the 8 1/2 by 11  fits
lying down but they 3" inches deep.  I have arranged them by  color but I
always have to pull them all out and usually end up bending  some.  I'd
like something where I could store each shade separately,  1- 20 sheets.
Has anyone figured aout a system?

When I began using lots of cardstock (8 1/2 by 11 sheets) for a variety of
projects several years ago, I bought a "literature sorter."  It has 24  little
cubbies, stacked eight high and three wide. Each section holds the  equivalent
of about a ream of computer paper. I grouped related shades of a  particular
color together in a compartment -- it's easy enough to tell from the  edges of
the paper which colors are where.

There are much fancier sorters than mine -- it came disassembled in a flat
box and had to be put together like do-it-yourself bookshelves. The outside
frame is some kind of MDF and the dividers are folded corrugated cardboard  with
strips of plastic on the facing edges that can be labeled. I got  it at Sam's
Club for about $30, but they are also available from office supply  stores,
etc., in several sizes and with higher prices.

Hope this helps!
Suzanne in Michigan