[BKARTS] finishing stove

Rob,
I'm still pretty new to this, and don't have money to spend, so I just use a hot plate.  I took a square piece of 1/4" thick aluminum and put 4 long screws through the corners to hold it off the hot plate.  It is about 1/2" off the element. I lay the tools on that, with some hunks of metal from my type drawer placed under the tool if it doesn't lie flat on the aluminum.  Works like a dream.

Carole Vanderhoof
Lonely Pine Bindery
Rifton, NY