[BKARTS] Reclaiming Gold from Foil: Diaries of the Easily Amused

If nothing else, consider this as an example of the triumph of inquisitiveness over the deadening lure of more mindless entertainment. Having saved scraps of used gold foil by stuffing them into a jar over the last many years, I decided late last night to burn away the dross with a propane torch. Not surprisingly, what remained in my jar was a thick sooty mess.

Doubtless, I am not the first to entertain myself with wondering how to reclaim gold from foil. Any comments from the more chemically savvy?

Tennessee Bob