Re: [BKARTS] Beer

In a message dated 6/10/2005 2:05:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
andiethrams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Many  thanks for the considered thoughts regarding the beer. The
painting is a  year old and completely dry. The odd squiggles only
appeared several months  ago... The beer was an  American IPA.  Yum.

Andie

Hi-

I'm coming into this discussion midway, so forgive me if this has already
been mentioned.  I occasionally use beer for gilding.  The first time  I used
it, I applied it relatively thickly (as one might with paint).  About 9 months
later, I exposed my piece at an outdoor demonstration to  high heat and
humidity. The beer actually began to drip out from beneath the  gold leaf. (Now, when
I use it I paint an extremely thin and watered  down coat.) I wonder if your
painting has been exposed to higher than  normal humidity and began to subtly
run?

Regards,

Sybil Archibald

_www.manuscriptarts.net/sybil.htm_ (http://www.manuscriptarts.net/sybil.htm)