Re: [BKARTS] # Re: [BKARTS] Drucker's Gate

Book_Arts-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>organization around a set of criteria will validate the artist's book?

I really enjoy the conversation happening around this thread.  I must say
though, as both a book artist and educator I am not excited by Drucker's
proposal because I need validation.  Rather, I am pleased that we are
finally talking seriously about a more "universal" way to catalogue and
therefore easily access (for study) the objects in this field.

As someone who has begun to test the format in on my own - with the luxury
of a sabbatical year ahead of her (!) - I find it not without quirks and
things that need to be questioned or clarified.  But I see already the
benefits - to future book artists, educators, students, historians,
collectors, librarians....  if only to be able to access information
easily.

Cheers -
Leslie

Leslie Fedorchuk