[BKARTS] Board Slotting -- late to the thread

I have also been working on a board slotting machine, based on using parts
from a milling machine and lathe.  This allows boards up to 17" to be
slotted, yet the machine weighs around 35 lbs. and is table top in size.
The prototype (#3) works pretty well, but I still need to fix some minor
quirks.  It has a 1/2 HP variable speed motor (70- 2800 rpm) and a variable
speed, reversible motor to drive the board (3- 250 rpm) in an adjustable
carriage, so you don't need to crank any handle.  Both motors adjust
automatically to any worldwide current with a simple plug adaptor. Also has
a dust collector built in that attaches to any vacuum.  As we all know,
there is nothing worse than a lot of binders board dust!

I have a photo and more specifics I can email if anyone is interested, and
with any luck should have a final version for the GBW Standards later this
year.

jeff

====================== Jeffrey S. Peachey, PA-AIC Book, Paper and Archives Conservator 150 E. 3rd. St, Suite 3E New York, NY 10009

212-387-7860