Re: [BKARTS] THe struggle for validation and inclusion

John Deason asks
" Who will be the Stieglitz of the bookart struggle? Which major musuem
will wholeheartedly support bookart work in their galleries?  When will the
buying public (collectors) start supporting us more, and somehow find ways
to display our art in their homes and offices? I think that much can be
learned from studying the last century of photographers and their valiant
and patient struggles. "
     John Deason
     Prairie Rose Press
     Muscatine, Iowa

The National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington DC has been
supporting the book arts for several years, and now has its artists' book
exhibits in one of its main galleries. A few months ago I did an interview
with Krystyna Wasserman, Curator of Book Arts at the museum. You can see
the interview at http://www.marylandprintmakers.org/newsletter.asp?id=186
Shireen

Shireen Holman, Printmaker and Book Artist
email: shireen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shireenholman.com