[BKARTS] Guillotine Paper Cutters

Hello!

I was looking for a few opinions on Guillotine Trimmers.

Through my research it appeared that between Dahle and Kutrimmer
people thought the Kutrimmer worked slightly better, but I am not
sure what models these people were comparing. The thing that concerns
me is I have used both but not under ideal conditions.

The Kutrimmer I was using was at a Book and Paper college and most
likely had been overused/abused I don't know what model # but when
cutting paper one of them consistently gave wavy edges to the paper
and just felt uncomfortable to use.

My own trimmer was a Dahle but probably only a professional model as
I picked it up while working at an art store. It served me well the
blade is still excellent, however is was small maybe around 15" and
the fiberboard broke right where the blade attaches to the board. It
is still useable but anything more the 2 sheets of paper and it's a
no-go.

I want to cut paper obviously most often 30lb - 144lb and hopefully
the occasional medium thickness Davey.

Looking at the 1071 or the 1038 Kutrimmer and the Premium line of
Dahles. Oddly enough the thickness rating for the Kutrimmer says
40-50 sheets and the Dahle days 35 despite the notable price difference.

I have a fondness because of my luck with dahle... the new purchase
would be a metal base not fiberboard... but I want to keep an open
mind about things. Any opinions? This is a huge investment for me so
I want to do it right.

-Debb
Forgottentoybox.com