[BKARTS] Leaf Recipe

Hello,

I have an idea for a book that involves using leaves that have been reduced to their veiny, skeletal selves. Since finding them in the wild at all, or in their entirety is rather iffy, I need a method for reducing them to their minimal state.

So far, I have found one recipe using caustic soda (aka sodium hydroxide, aka lye) and bleach. Both of these are hazardous substances, and include boiling the leaves in a lye solution.

Does anyone have a recipe for these leaves?

Ginnie