From: Yourfirstname Yourlastname [mailto:ginmick@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:54 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Leaf Recipe

Hello,

I have an idea for a book that involves using leaves that have been
reduced to their veiny, skeletal selves. Since finding them in the wild
at all, or in their entirety is rather iffy, I need a method for
reducing them to their minimal state.

So far, I have found one recipe using caustic soda (aka sodium
hydroxide, aka lye) and bleach. Both of these are hazardous substances,
and include boiling the leaves in a lye solution.

Does anyone have a recipe for these leaves?

Ginnie