Making Artist Books from text, memory & personal image
in Los Angeles, California

Weekend Workshop
Saturday, August 20, 2005
>From 9 am to 4 pm
Sunday, August 21, 2005
>From 9 am to 4 pm

More about Content than Form, this class is intended for those who wish
to discover a voice and connect it to a personal visual image. Craft an
Artist Book through an intuitive path. Bring the memory, word & image
together with rediscovered meaning.
Only life experience necessary.
Limited to ten (10) participants.

"Making a book is an adventure. I bring well-planned and supportive
instruction to my workshops, within an environment of humor and
discovery.  I've taught for more than twenty years at F.I.T., NY,  The
School of Visual Arts, NY, Otis-Parsons, LA. My own work is lively,
colorful and personal -- about themes I care about."  Alice Simpson

Cost: $325. ($50 deposit due by July 15, 2005)
Includes:
Lunch & snacks;
Shop fee for materials provided for common use in the workshop.

For more information:
email: DanceMarathon1@xxxxxxx
website:www.alicesimpson.com