[BKARTS] Nancy Leavitt

Nancy Leavitt was at Haystack in the 1990s, and it was extraordinary to watch
her dip her brush and pen into color-- make letters and words come alive.
Even the scrap papers on which she tested her lines and colors were thought out
and exquisitely designed. Each became something precious. Often, upon opening
my files, I come across the small piece of handmade paper on which Nancy
painted her "signature" highway, text and my name.

She brought an extraordinary array of flowers from her garden--peonies for
our studio.

A L I C E * S I M P S O N
D A N C E M A R A T H O N

WEBSITE:www.alicesimpson.com