[BKARTS] Magnets that are covered by bookcloth

I am a new Book Arts subscriber. I am interested in finding out what kind  of
magnets I can use that are strong enough to keep a portfolio or book casing
closed when they are covered with bookcloth on both sides. Do I use a piece of
 steel for the magnet to cling to rather than another magnet.

I would appreciate any response you experienced folks have with this type  of
closing.

Emily Marks