Re: [BKARTS] Leaf Recipe

Ginnie....

I recently purchased a book at a Concord, NH. book show on this subject.

It covers the subjects of skeletonizing leaves and seed-vessels.

THE

PHANTOM BOUQUET:

A POPULAR TREATISE ON THE ART OF

SKELETONIZING

LEAVES AND SEED-VESSELS

AND ADAPTING THEM TO

EMBELLISH THE HOME OF TASTE.

BY

EDWARD PARRISH,

MEMBER OF THE ACADEMY OF NATURAL SCIENCES OF PHILADELPHIA,

THE PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY, ETC.

PHILADELPHIA:

J.B. LIPPINCOTT & CO.

LONDON: ALFRED BENNET.

1864.

47 pages, brown embossed cloth, gilt front cover title,
5 illustrations / prints.

lots of embellished text....but informative.

You might try searching on ABE Books for a copy....but I think this could be

pretty difficult to come by....it cost me $33.00 marked down from $40.00.

It gives a ....

LIST OF TREES, SHRUBS, AND CLIMBERS, THE LEAVES

OF WHICH HAVE BEEN SKELETONIZED BY MACE-

RATION, AND OF SEED-VESSELS USED FOR THE

PURPOSES OF THE ART.

I might be able to send you photo-copy of parts if you are interested.

I am a caregiver (for 2 parents)....and at the present time because of it

an (X) Hand Bookbinder of over 20 years....so I don't have a lot of free

time on my hands, but very willing to send a copy off.

Give me a few days or a week or two if your interested.

Christopher Krone

Hand Bookbindinder
Concord, NH.