[BKARTS] label on vellum

Greetings and thank you all for your help with my label on vellum
question. Most felt that removing by mechanical means was best and
that's what I did, very, very meticulously. Surprisingly, it peeled off
without any tearing or staining the spine whatsoever and now looks like
it had never been there. Now I'm wondering why, since I know that had it
been bookcloth or paper, the bond would have been more permanent.
Perhaps the protein molecules in the skin resisted the adhesive somehow?

Thanks again, as this will be an ongoing event with us for awhile.
Hopefully, the next ones will go as smoothly!
Diane