From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Signa Houghteling
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:04 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hottentots?

I am not in favor of racism or prejudice which one picks up from birth.
There are lots of things none of us says anymore because they know they
were never sensitive.  But I just returned from the US Postal Service
station where the two clerks behind the counter, both free with only me
as a potential customer, said in unison, "Eeeny Meeny Miny Moe,"
something I thought went out with "redskins."  One was Asian, the other
perhaps South Asian or Hispanic.  It's all around us.

Signa