Re: [BKARTS] Hottentots?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Signa Houghteling wrote:

I am not in favor of racism or prejudice which one picks up from birth.
There are lots of things none of us says anymore because they know they were
never sensitive.  But I just returned from the US Postal Service station
where the two clerks behind the counter, both free with only me as a
potential customer, said in unison, "Eeeny Meeny Miny Moe," something I
thought went out with "redskins."  One was Asian, the other perhaps South
Asian or Hispanic.  It's all around us.

I only heard of the racist version of that rhyme last year -- the version universally used in my childhood spoke of a *tiger*.

Rachel