Re: [BKARTS] Steve Jobs on calligraphy

On Jul 1, 2005, at 3:12 PM, Beverly Schlee wrote:

This is an excerpt from Steve Jobs's commencement speech at Stanford.
The complete text can be read at the following URL:
http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/grad-061505.html

................. we designed it all into the Mac. It was the first
computer with beautiful
typography. If I had never dropped in on that single course in
college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or
proportionally spaced fonts...........

******************************

Obviously, as book people, type is an important part of our work. And
as a Mac user, I meant to send, as Beverly has done, the part about
calligraphy to this List.
I saw the entire text and it is very impressive --- connecting the dots
in one's life and how we can approach the future. It is a very good and
should be read.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695