Re: [BKARTS] Artist Book Information Sheet

Dear Laura,
Your web site is terrific, and this is too. As a gallery curator who publishes catalogs of
exhibits, I'm thinking that this information would be especially beneficial to those who
purchase and read catalogs (I always ask for a bio and an artist's statement, as well as
brief factual info on the books for those exhibiting in Bright Hill Center's Word & Image
Gallery, but if I included all this information in a catalog, it would almost double the
number of pages, which would increase the price of catalog). Also, as a book artist/
administrator/curator, I'm thinking that this is a lot of work, and maybe the back story and
the marketing description could be combined as an artist's statement? What are some
other comments?
Best,
Bertha Rogers

On 10 Jul 2005 at 13:57, Patrice Baldwin wrote:

> Laura:
>
> That's a very comprehensive account of your book. Any librarian would be delighted at all the information.
The only thing I would do is eliminate the second part of the "marketing descriptive" - "Colfax Day & Night is a photographic