Re: [BKARTS] Artist Book Information Sheet

I had been skipping over this thread - until I saw people were looking for
the wise insight of cataloging librarians.

I am one course away from being a librarian, but have been cataloging for 5
years or so. Glancing over the sheet, the three things I would like to see
are a place of publication, some general subject heading ideas, and metric
measurements. Cataloging is primarily done from the item itself, rather than
information about the item, so the more this information is on the book, the
better. Even if the book is being cataloged for a significant bookarts
collection by someone who has plenty of time to catalog, it will still not
likely get the amount of description that the artist would like.

A basic record for this book would look something like. (I emphasize this is
very basic - I am no special collections cataloger.)

100 1_ Russell, Laura

245 10 Colfax day & night.

246 3 Colfax day and night

260 S.l. : |b [Laura Russell, |c 2003]

300 19, 19 pages :|b col. ill. ; |c 22 x 25 cm. |e + one clamshell box.

500    "Archival digital "giclee" printing on Mohawk Superfine paper. Black
book cloth covering on deluxe edition."

590 Library copy ?? of 100; autographed by author.

651 0 Colfax Ave. (Denver, Colo.) |v Pictorial works.

651 0 Denver (Colo.) |v Pictorial works.

Kevin Driedger Lansing, Mich.