Re: [BKARTS] Artist Book Information Sheet

My impression is that this information is not "just" for the cataloging
process. Many special collections librarians/educational institutions
use their artists book collections for teaching. If they have a choice
between showing a student a book that they can talk a lot about or one
that nearly all they know about it is what paper the artist used, I
would wager that they are going to pick the one about which they have
more information. This means, of course, that more people will see your
book.

At the ABC conference at Wellesley, the librarians said over and over,
"give us the back story". They want to know about the book, about what
inspired it, any interesting anecdotes about its creation, etc. When I
buy artists books for my small personal collection, I always want to
know the back story as well. More often than not, I buy the work of
artists I know personally or whose work I know, because I have more
access to information about the background of the book.

Kara