[BKARTS] Repair of Ledger Bindings with Canvas

This listserv has been so enlightening since I subscribed in May.  Thank you
Peter for making it available to all of us.

I am a hand book binder and am in the need of information on how to repair
large government ledgers for our County Clerk.  Several of those for the
Register of Deeds have major spine problems.  What if any special tools are needed? I
can see metal in the hinges and they are wrapped in canvas.  Any source of
research would be greatly appreciated.

Susan Toth
Books...Bound To Be Used
19381 U.S. 12 E.