From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:47 AM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Announcing Lapis & Gold

I've had a look at this website, and the introductory paragraphs are
sweet, but not very informative.

The information they claim to provide has been available for decades
from many other sources.  It ain't 'groundbreaking'.

If they gave a price for their book it would be good.  For a few dollars
it would be nice to have this collected information available; for a lot
of dollars, it ain't worth the price.

Just my opinion.

Jack

Chivalry Bookshelf is pleased to announce the forthcoming publication  of
Lapis & Gold: Unlocking the Secrets of Medieval Painters and  Illuminators
Lapis &  Gold is a groundbreaking guide to the methods, tools  and
techniques
of the medieval artist.

Please see _www.lapisandgold.com_ (http://www.lapisandgold.com)   for more
information.

Thompson Conservation Lab. 7549 N. Fenwick Portland, Oregon 97217 USA

503/735-3942 (phone)
503/289-8723 (fax)

http://www.teleport.com/~tcl

Chaucer  _Parlement of Foules_ 1386