[BKARTS] gorillas and tack

    Was there a discussion in this group of gorilla glue?  It seems to
have a polyurethane base.  Facts about it are on the glue info website,
http://www.thistothat.com/gom/2000.02.shtml.
    Does anyone here have info about its archival properties, or any
experience in using it in bookbinding?
    I vaguely remember this subject being discussed some time ago, but I
could be wrong.
    I have discovered there is an archival version of double tack.
Double tack is the best way I've found of converting ordinary fabric to
bookcloth.  Anyone have any experience with the archival version?
    Lot's of purists in this group.  Someone said, in a previous
discussion of glues,  that unless a glue is wheat paste based or hide
glue, he didn't have any interest in it.  I  am slowly converting to
this point of view, except I do use epoxy in attaching headbands.  The
only way I've found of keeping the from separating from the text block
when I put the book in the bookpress.

--

J. J. Foncannon
Philadelphia, PA  19139

Brussels to purchase a wheel of Swiss cheese.  The owner pulled a wheel
from the front window, but Magritte said he preferred the one on the
back counter.