Re: [BKARTS] Announcing Lapis & Gold

Dear Jack-

I start by complementing you on your book Manuscript Inks which I  enjoyed
very much.

I respectfully ask you to reserve judgment on whether Lapis &  Gold is
groundbreaking until you see it! The book is about 350 pages  long and includes
recipes (from both Latin & Arabic treatises) that have  never been published
before.  We've solved a few nagging  riddles, run tests that we have never seen run
before, and integrated  comprehensive histories with indepth technical
information.  It is my hope  and belief that even someone as knowledgeable as
yourself may find at least one  or two bits of juicy new information.  If not, I
will humbly accept your  judgment.

Best,

Sybil Archibald

In a message dated 7/16/2005 4:54:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,