From: Molly Schwartzburg <molly1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent:         Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:59:33 -0700
Subject: examples of book sculptures/accumulations?

Hi,

I'm working on a conference paper on massive book sculptures of a
particular sort, and I'm hoping list members can direct me to examples I
haven't found on my own.  Specifically, I'm looking for sculptures or
assemblages made of large quantities of books--e.g. 25, 50, 100 or more
books stacked in a pile, as in Adam Bateman's recent exhibit featured in
the NY Times arts directory, or Buzz Spector's various works such as
"Unpacking My Library," or even related accumulations like Ann
Hamilton's
wall of library catalog cards at the SF Public Library.

Any examples in which large quantities of books are used to make a work
of
art? Links to images appreciated if you have them.

Thanks,
Molly Schwartzburg

*** *** *** *** *** *** Molly Schwartzburg Lecturer Program in Structured Liberal Education Florence Moore Hall Stanford University Stanford, CA 94305 650-327-9168 molly.schwartzburg@xxxxxxxxxxxx *** *** *** *** *** ***