Re: [BKARTS] Need your help!

Do you think they would be willing to participate in an evening/after
school (whatever is appropriate) get-together where you could ask them
how you might help? Make it special for them by having some sort of
snacks. It sounds funny, perhaps, but people respond to an informal
chat where they can mingle with you and each other, especially if they
don't get the chance to do it regularly or at all.

Introduce yourself and tell them you would like to make the library a
useful resource. Ask what their issues are with their work, the
students, what's good and what could stand improvement. Ask them how
they use the library, how their students do/don't use the library,
trouble spots ... getting the kids in there, helping them finding the
right resources, making the environment more inviting or available.
Offer to partner with them on a project, host a student
project/presentation to take them out of the usual classroom scenario.

My apologies to librarians and teachers as I don't know how you all
work and don't mean to imply any stodginess or lack of creativity.
These are just suggestions.

Jennifer