[BKARTS] An announcement from Mimi

Dear friends,

I will be doing two performances in Taos, New Mexico, in conjunction with the Harwood's Asian Summer, Magic and Mystery in Taos.  the first one will be on Saturday, August 6 (at the Harwood Museum), and the second will be on Sunday, September 11 (at the Taos Community Auditorium).

The following is the announcement for the August performance, following a lecture on foot-binding by Feelie Lee PhD., beginning at 1 p.m.

I will not be sending out another announcement for the September performance, but I assure you it is not one to be missed, if you can possibly help it.  I am privileged to have been asked to appear on the same program with Butoh Masters Koichi and Hiroko Tamano.  I will be their warm-up act, so to say.  I first saw the Tamano's perform at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art among an Isamu Nogochi installation in the late 70's, and was instantly smitten with the mystery and poetry of their work.  This spring, while I was in California, I got the opportunity to take a six-week workshop with Hiroko, and while struggling mightily not to die in class, I caught a glimpse of an improbably beauty, which I am unable, as yet, to describe.

As always, I apologize for cross-posting and any inconvenience or annoyance I may have caused.  Please let me know if you would like to be removed from my mailing list, and I will do my best to accommodate your wish.  If I am unable to comply, I will let you know, so you can set up a block from any forthcoming images from me.  Thank you.

I look forward to seeing you and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Mimi
www.mimichenting.com
STILL WATER WORKS
El Prado, NM / Sausalito, CA

***********************************************
Edelpappband / "Millimeter" Binding Bind-O-Rama, Entry Deadline - October 1, 2005