[BKARTS] klucel-G

I'm learning  to work with klucel-G on an old leather bible - see it here http://lonelypine.ce-service.biz/oldbible.htm
There are places where the surface of the leather is totally gone leaving a suede-like surface. I thought I could consolidate these areas with klucel-G. (wrong or right?)

So I tried it on a small place and I got a white "bloom" on the leather where there is still some old lacquer. It also darkened the leather considerably.

Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?