[BKARTS] Medieval Tight Back book workshop in Santa Monica, CA

Medieval Mechanical Tight Back Long Stitch Binding - $65.00 (Materials
included) with Charlene Matthews; Sunday, August 14th, 2005, 12-4pm

Come prepared to make a binding with Charlene Matthews that has been
traced back over 600 years. It consists of blank signatures, sewn
through a limp spine and spine plate. We will make a layered
decorative/ sewn limp binding and decorate a spine plate before sewing
the spine together. This binding can be adapted to many materials, but
we will concentrate on the many beautiful papers Hiromi has to offer.
This binding works well for diaries, photo albums, and collage
scrapbooks. Charlene Matthews Bindery, based in Los Angeles has been
in operation since 2000. Charlene provides a full range of bindery
services, including fine bookmaking, book and art restoration/repair,
custom box making and book art services for contemporary artists.

More info: http://www.hiromipaper.com/hpi_newsletter.htm

--

Diana
The truth is out there, but I forgot the website address...