Re: [BKARTS] Papermaking/ creative drawing class

Hi:

Pulp painting might be alot of fun to do. It's painting, or drawing, with pigmented pulp, right into the paper after it has been couched. It fuses the "drawing" right into the paper. you could even combine that with embedded collage elements and layers of lightweight paper together to get different effects.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Basham & Julie Friedman <cbasham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jul 28, 2005 9:12 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BKARTS] Papermaking/ creative drawing class

I have just found out I am teaching a class called "Creative drawing/
Papermaking" this fall. I haven't made paper since grad school. Can
anyone suggest good books to read? Any websites to visit? Anyone
teaching papermaking out there who can send me their syllabus? The
class is 5 hours long, one day a week for 16 weeks. Any suggestions
on how to structure the class? How to incorporate drawing and
papermaking assignments together?

I would be very grateful for any info you could pass on to me.
Thanks
Julie Friedman