  From: Pien Rotterdam<mailto:pien.rotterdam@xxxxxxx>
  To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:42 AM
  Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Papermaking/ creative drawing class

  Hi Julie,

  The best place to find out about papermaking is the Yahoo! Papermaking group
  (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PaperMaking/<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PaperMaking/>). The members are very
  knowledgeable and helpful, and there are lists of recommended books on the site,
  lists of suppliers, there is a Newbie folder with information for novices, and so on.
  The archives are awesome. Many members teach papermaking and are willing to
  share their experiences; one member posted a course plan of a 12-week course
  quite recently. Another member, artist Catherine Nash, has published DVD's on
  Papermaking for the Classroom, which are very practical and informative.

  As for books, my favourite is Helen Hiebert's "The Papermaker's Companion" (ISBN
  1580172008); this is the book I'd get if I only had money for one.  Another favourite is
  Sophie Dawson's "the Art and Craft of Papermaking" (ISBN 1854103636). I'd also go
  for Catherine Nash's DVD's.

  Hope this helps; feel free to mail me off-list if you want more paper talk.

  Pien in The Netherlands