From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Richard Minsky
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:03 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PVA mix

I haven't used PVA mix since the mid 1980's.

The thing I like about PVA is that it can be heat set. Unless a change
in chemistry has taken place during the last decade, the mix does not
heat set.

When I have a large surface to glue, like a 30" portfolio, I don't want
drying time to be a factor, so I glue up the board (or the cloth) with
PVA and a paint roller and iron it on after it dries. Otherwise I just
use PVA on a roller and nip it wet. If a spot doesn't adhere I touch it
up with an iron.

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com