Re: [BKARTS] Old Book Smell

I belong to a book sellers list.  Many people on the list swear by
the following product.  I just started trying it 2 days ago, so I
can't speak from my own experience.  But here is the info if you want
to try it ( the lady behind the product, if you want to email here is
"J Godsey" <gods1216@xxxxxxxxxxx> )  :

sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BOOK DEODORIZER HOME PAGE: http://www.bookdeodorizer.com/

Book Deodorizing granules 1 qrt 12.50 includes shipping
[Canadian customers please include 2.50USD for international shipping]

We accept Paypal, Visa, MC, Checks, money orders and Cash.
You may enter a credit card order securely at :
https://www.123pix.com/commerce/index.cfm?uid=333

Book Deodorizer is the perfect solution to a smelly problem. these
treated granules absorb moisture & odors. Use it to treat books,
papers, clothing or other non-washable objects, it will remove,
perfume, cigarette smoke, mildew, and general mustiness.

The granules are an inert and highly absorbent material, which have
an all natural base and a faintly cedar scent.

directions:
put a layer of granules in an airtight plastic container and seal a
book up for about a week or so. the granules last for about 6
months or more, depending on how much you use them. when they are
spent, you can add them to your compost pile as they are
biodegradable.

If unsatisfied, return unused portion for your money back.

We will be shipping the new all natural formula from now on!
remember it's completely guaranteed and returnable!

From Evie Anderson @Bibliobeast "I have just liberated a number of
books from their deordorizer
box...and from all their distinct and discreet reeks. This stuff is
wonderful! Just wanted to let you know I send you thanks with
each fumigated book!"

Hi folks, I recently acquired two older books (early 1900s) that are in
beautiful shape, but they have that OBS = Old Book Smell.  Musty, but
not moldy.  Are there any easy ways of minimizing this?  I've aired them
out, but the smell still remains.

thanks very much...this is a most informative list!

joanne

*********************************************** Edelpappband / "Millimeter" Binding Bind-O-Rama, Entry Deadline - October 1, 2005

--
http://www.monroestreetbooks.com
Monroe Street Books (Dick & Flanzy Chodkowski)