From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Wotypka, Joanne
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:35 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Old Book Smell

Hi folks, I recently acquired two older books (early 1900s) that are in
beautiful shape, but they have that OBS = Old Book Smell.  Musty, but
not moldy.  Are there any easy ways of minimizing this?  I've aired them
out, but the smell still remains.

thanks very much...this is a most informative list!

joanne