Re: [BKARTS] Using Pasta Machine as as Printer

A table top pasta machine comes in two versions

VERSION A

Version A is a sheeter with two sets of rollers. The first is a
plain sheeter for making a wide strip of noodle dough that is
cut by the second set of rollers into the desired size noodle
or spaghetti.

You might be able to take a inked flexo plate and run it with
the paper through the sheeter side and make a nice print up to
100 or 150 mm wide depending on the throat of the machine. You
couldn't do registered colours this way.

VERSION B

Version is kind of like a food grinder or sausage stuffer with
a hopper and screw arrangement to force the noodle dough
through a plate that may have any of a variety of sizes of
holes which the pasta strands will exit through. This is the
version used for commercial pasta production.

I don't see how this kind of machine could be used for
printing, unless you used the noodles as a print medium.

MaiKätzchen

--- Georgia H Chilton <ghchilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 10-1-2005
>
> 4 pm
>
> Hello,
>
> I know I have seen info lately somewhere about using a old
> fashioned pasta
> machine for printing?
>
> Does anyone know source/s for this?
>
> Thank you very much.