From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
james tapley
Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 4:57 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: "ISLAMIC PAPER"

Hi Signa... the paper coating, called ahar, has several formulas.
Here is a link to a useful start page for toning and sizing and
polishing paper in the Islamic style: http://www.turkishculture.org/
writing/writing_tools.html
Google AHAR for much more.
If you can locate a copy ISLAMIC BINDINGS AND BOOKMAKING by Bosch et
alia is a wonderful reference. Best, James