Date:    Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:58:59 -0400

From:    seawall <seawall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: kitty litter

can someone refer me to the dates of the discussion about using kitty litter
to remove the moldy smell of old books? have recently purchased an old book
from the 1890s that someone used as the base for a scrapbook...very
interesting book to have but it smells moldy. rather than re-invent the
wheel here by re-discussing the use of cat litter (and risk pissing off
anyone, pardon the pun) could someone just tell me which issues i should
look at for the info? i can't seem to find the when of the postings.

thanks.

ellen wallenstein

Bryan L. W. Draper

Senior Conservation Technician