Re: [BKARTS] Subject: Coptic Binding Tutorial?

I found a coptic binding book kit at my local art store for $19. I think it would be worth checking out local art supply stores, then you can save the shipping too.

Michelle

Teri L Herbert <herbertl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unfortunately, there's a message on the Iowa Center book kits:

"UICB Book Kits
Production of UICB book kits is temporarily suspended. For a similar line
of kits, please check Iowa Book Works."
The ones at http://iowabookworks.bookways.com/kits are
similar, but a bit more expensive.
TL Herbert, Charleston, SC

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Maria G. Pisano wrote:

> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:58:18 EDT
> From: Maria G. Pisano
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [BKARTS] Subject: Coptic Binding Tutorial?
>
> "Does anyone know of a good coptic binding tutorial online or in a book you'd
> recommend? I'm having trouble finding good diagrams of the sewing pattern and
> I could use all the help I can get."
>
> I would recommend the "Ethiopian Wooden Bookbinding kit" from The University
> of Iowa Center for the Book. www.uiowa.edu/~ctrbook, or 319 335 0447. They are
> clear instructions and detailed visuals.
> Maria
> Memory Press

> Book_Arts-L FAQ and Archive.
>
> See for full information