Re: [BKARTS] Kangaroo Skins

We would suggest that you try to buy Kangaroo skins having seen them first, or at least from a reliable distributor in the US. It is not easy to obtain good 'roo skins because the skins are harvested from wild 'roos, not 'roos especially grown for the leather market. As a result, many skins are imperfect, with scratches from barbed wire fences, trees, bullet holes, etc. We always inspect skins very closely from the tanneries here before making a purchase. We will spend hours looking through dozens and dozens of skins, and perhaps only buy ten or so. Hollanders's sources for their skins here in Australia are good; the skins are reliable.

Peter Krantz
Book Restorations
Sydney